Noted for its unique blend of somewhat standard vehicles as well as high end and concept cars, the Geneva Motor Show is the ultimate car enthusiast’s experience. For 2017, it promises a lot of excitement thanks to some of the new models debuting or appearing here. If you attend, make sure you visit these displays:
- Ferrari 812 Superfast – The name says it all and this successor to the company’s F12 Berlinetta will offer drivers a 6.5 liter V12 with 780hp – making it the manufacturer’s most powerful V12 ever. With its electric power and four axel steering, it is a real innovation for the company.
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante – Debuting at the show, this Huracan recently took the production car lap record at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, easily defeating champs such as Porsche by an average of five full seconds.
- Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo – The Porsche way of handling a wagon leaves experts divided with some saying “ugly” and others saying “elegant”. Five versions will be available, including a hybrid, a diesel and a turbo. Launching in Europe at the end of 2017, there is no date for a U.S. release.
- Mclaren 720s – Making its debut at the show, it has been described as the “new British supercar” with claims of reaching 62mph in less than three seconds and a top speed of more than 200mph. It takes its name from the metric horsepower it can attain, and features unique elements such as headlights as part of the cooling system.
- Range Rover Velar – As the first new model from Range Rover in more than ten years, this SUV is impressive. Packed with all the latest tech, it is also built on the same chassis as the Jaguar F-Pace, allowing it to handle beautifully in all conditions.
- Pagani Huayra Roadster – Described by one journalist as “a Pagani Huayra with a roof”, it offers 764hp from its Mercedes-AMG V12 and an unprecedented level of handling and performance.
- Mercedes AMG GT Concept – Another show debut, this vehicle has muscular proportions and is a four-door concept that the company anticipates releasing in the next few years. A hybrid, it will offer lots of power and good performance.
- Bentley EXP12 Speed 6E Concept – A first for Bentley, this electric hybrid can be charged via wireless induction and is, as the company says, “a first step on a journey that will change the way today’s drivers think about mobility and what it can be.
- Mercedes Benz X Class – The Mercedes approach to a pickup truck, this concept is described as the “world’s first true premium pickup” with agility and style.